CASONLINE-L Archives

CASOnline

CASONLINE-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
CASOnline <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Gibbs, Laura K." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:12:54 -0500
hi everybody, the guys at IT have promised me that we will have Mozilla
on the lab computers next year, so I've started writing up step-by-step
instructions for publishing webpages with Mozilla Composer. the first
installment is here:

http://casweb.ou.edu/olr/software/composer/s_moztestpage.htm

if anybody wants to test that out and let me know about any problems
they face, that would be great. Kerry, as always I will implore your
help in looking for differences in the Mac implementation of Composer.
hopefully they are similar enough that we can just add a box of "Notes
for Mac Users"...

we talked on Wednesday about providing detailed instructions for
assignments. I'm ambivalent about detailed instructions regarding the
content of assignments (there is definitely a trade-off between really
strict rubrics and student creativity when it comes to content) - but
when it comes to technical instructions, I think a
keystroke-by-keystroke approach is really important.

the problem is that it is actually hard to write keystroke by keystroke
instructions like that for programs you already know well!

so, if anybody wants to take a stab at publishing a webpage with
Composer using these instructions, it would be great to have your
feedback.

I'll be adding more instructions about using Composer over the next
couple of weeks, and I won't send out email each time I add a page, but
you'll be able to find those accumulating instructions online here:

http://casweb.ou.edu/olr/software/composer/s_index.htm

thanks everybody,

Laura