CASONLINE-L Archives

CASOnline

CASONLINE-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Gibbs, Laura K." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gibbs, Laura K.
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:17:11 -0500
hi everybody, we just got a go-ahead (thank to Karen as always!) to
start putting together support materials that we can share on the
internet as a common resource for College online courses. it's pretty
clear that students in our courses have some common needs, but so far
online instructors have not had an easy way to share those materials
with each other. yes, we've been reinventing that famous proverbial
wheel for each of our separate classes...

so, for our meeting this Thursday I was thinking it would be great to
brainstorm a WISHLIST of materials (we've talked about many
possibilities in previous meetings: readiness assessment, writing
skills, computer tutorials, research and study strategies, etc.).

also on Thursday we could try to PRIORITIZE that wishlist so that we can
get the most important materials done over the summer in time for people
to use in their online courses in the fall.

I know especially at this time of the semester it might be difficult for
folks to find the time to come to a meeting in person, so I will
definitely make sure to circulate a list of possible materials via this
listserv so that people can voice their priorities even if they cannot
attend the meeting.

meanwhile, I'll see some of you on Thursday I hope - we're in Ellison as
usual, 3:30 on Thursday. thanks everybody!

Laura