CASONLINE-L Archives

CASOnline

CASONLINE-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Gibbs, Laura K." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gibbs, Laura K.
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 13:22:53 -0500
hi everybody, this is a quick update about this Thursday and the next
two Thursdays:

BEST PRACTICES. today, Thursday April 8, 3:30 in Ellison: we'll be
meeting to talk about best practices for online courses, and I'd like to
propose that we start by looking at a set of assessment criteria
developed by a group up in Canada - I think that should lead to some
good discussion about what kind of best practices people want to promote
in their own courses. I'll bring copies of this as a handout.
http://www.imd.macewan.ca/imd/content.php?contentid=36

DREAMWEAVER. next week, Thursday April 15, 3:30: we will meet over in
BIZZELL COMPUTER LAB, Room 118A in the Library School (enter through the
old Library building), and do a Dreamweaver workshop focused on creating
online forms, and also a refresher on templates and any other features
of Dreamweaver that people would like assistance with. (if you have
specific Dreamweaver topics you would like to see covered, let me know
in advance and I'll get them on the handout, even if we don't have time
to cover all of them in our session.

WRITING ONLINE. week after next, Thursday April 22, 3:30 in Ellison:
we'll cover some issues about writing assignments that have come up in
previous sessions but focus on specific solutions: how to do peer
review, how to promote writing process and revision activities, student
web publishing, formal and informal writing, software recommendations.
I'm planning to build a series of writing skills activities/quizzes for
my courses next year, and would very much like to collaborate with
anyone else who is interested - we can use this as a chance to plan a
strategy for developing and sharing those materials!

thanks everybody, and see you later -

Laura