Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:09:31 +0900
Dear OM friends-

Very sorry I cannot be in Ghana with you!

Wilma and team- the program ( http://ourmedianetwork.org/?q=node/116 ) looks
wonderful. A space at the Kofi Annan Centre for Excellence in Information
and Communication Technologies, the AMARC-Africa 25yrs event and so many
good sessions! Congratulations and thank you for your hard work.Looking
forward to getting updates (on this list here) and seeing photos! If those
of us there in spirit only want to get presentations or at least notes from
presentations, what should we do? (Who to contact?).

For example, I am very interested in the Plenary session "ICT revolution-
how alternative is it?" and "An Invitation to Join the OURMedia "Alternative
Media Global Project" [Wiki Project]" --> I hope this invitation will be
extended to those not physically present too :).

Just a quick update from Japan- last year we were able to secure funding and
organize for a group of Japanese media activists to go to OURmedia, but this
year for many friends of ourmedia, much time/energy was taken up by
preparations for coverage of the G8 summit and alternative/counterevents. 3
physical media centers were organized on site in Hokkaido/Ainumosir, a
nation-wide g8medianetwork formed to gather and distribute multi-media
multi-lingual material online, AMARC people provided radio coverage, IMCjp
set up a new website, etc. etc. The indigenous people's summit was held just
before the G8 (with the key person of Japan's only indigenous radio station
- FM Pipaushi- as one of the key organizers of the summit), a group in Tokyo
launched a citizens media center (inspired by MEDIACT in Seoul) and the
national gathering of community, local and alternative media will be held in
early September in Kyoto, keeping everyone in western Japan busy. Just so we
don't create the impression that we're not there because we have nothing to
report! :)

All the best,