PROCARDNORMAN-L Archives

Norman Campus ProCard users

PROCARDNORMAN-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Dew, Gene (HSC)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dew, Gene (HSC)
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:23:44 -0600
The purpose of this email is to alert you about questionable sales tactics that are used from time to time, usually by companies selling toner cartridges for copiers.

The main message is that you don't have to do business with these people, and you really shouldn't.  They viciously overprice their product, and they use deceptive and very questionable sales pitches.

I understand that one of them has recently "struck," and so this message is timely and appropriate.

Through our cost-per-copy contracts with BMI and Standley Systems, toner cartridges are already provided as part of the lease payments, so you don't need to (and shouldn't) buy toner cartridges from anyone else.

If you have any questions, please call Purchasing at 405-325-2811.

Burr Millsap
  Associate Vice President of Administration and Finance
  University of Oklahoma
  660 Parrington Oval
  Norman OK  73019
  405-325-5161 Office