From:
Meta Carstarphen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Meta Carstarphen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:34:59 -0500
Hello All!
I'm alive and well, back in Michigan.
I was in London (International Hall at Russell Square) before the
bombing but on the day of the bombing I was in Dublin. We did have
more than 300 students across London on that day and they were all
safe when heads were counted. (Only four students opted to return
home after the bombing.)
I was one of the three instructors for a Study Abroad Program from
Michigan State University. I took my group of students to Ireland
after being in London for two weeks.
We are safe and appreciate all of your good thoughts.
I'll see you in San Antonio and give you all the details.
Sandra (Sam) Combs Birdiett
CAS Director of Multicultural Affairs
Michigan State University
344 CAS
East Lansing, MI  48824-1212
(517) 355-3410 (CAS office)
(517) 432-9245 (JRN office)
(517) 355-7710 (fax)
(248) 496-7680 (cell)

Meta G. Carstarphen, Ph.D.
Associate Professor &
Gaylord Family Endowed Professor
Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication
University of Oklahoma
395 W. Lindsey   Room 3510C
Norman, OK   73019-4201
PHONE: (405) 325-5227
FAX: (405) 325-7565
E-MAIL: [log in to unmask]
President-elect, SWECJMC
Join us for our Fall 2005 conference in Greeley, Colorado  See
www.swecjmc.org for more information and updates.