From:
"E. K. Daufin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
E. K. Daufin
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:24:43 -0500
Below is a fun mass media & society activity some of our students may
enjoy.

Know Justice, Know Peace,

Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin

Professor of Communication, ASU FSA Co-VP for Faculty

Alabama State University, 915 S. Jackson St.

Montgomery, AL 36101-0271 PH:334-229-6885

Thanks in advance for your research & creative activity referrals:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin

With all my  heart I want work that I love; for abundant pay; in a
beautiful, functional, comfortable environment; with/for kind,
competent, happy, supportive people who love, enjoy and appreciate me
and I they. Ashe.

Confidentiality Notice: Unless otherwise noted, this e-mail message,
including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.

 If you feel that pigs with lipstick and Paris Hilton have hijacked our
political debate this election season, you're not alone.

This Friday, you can help get the media back on track when PBS's Jim
Lehrer hosts the first presidential debate. We need 3,000 people to use
our online tool to instantly rate how well the media moderates and
reports on the debates.

Sign Up to Rate the Debates as They Happen
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=pM5s1L_Udo5n-VtYnNU3oA..>

Your ratings will be immediately reported back to members of the press
as soon as the debates are finished -- allowing you to weigh in before
the spin cycle gets out of control.

Will the media cover the issues that are most important to you? Will
they focus on trivial issues? Will they ask tough questions?

RatetheDebates.org
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=XhouzdNySMERoPhzfBU0hw..>  will help
reporters focus on real issues like the economy over campaign gossip and
candidate gaffes. Now more than ever, we need the media to be the
watchdogs of our democracy.

Debates are marquee moments in American elections. The few journalists
selected to participate -- and the media narrative that follows -- will
play a defining role in determining our next president.

Measure the Media: Sign Up to Rate the Debates
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=4sIzwbW57oFoM04PD0-Img..>

This Friday is the first of four presidential and vice presidential
debates. Please sign up to rate the debates in real time.

We deserve real political discourse. I hope you will take this rare
opportunity to join us as we hold our media -- and through them, our
leaders -- accountable.

Thank you,

Timothy Karr
Campaign Director
Free Press
www.freepress.net
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=_OgP0vw2pdL9hSzR-wLnSA..>

P.S. Please don't forget to tell your friends
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=m_kmSLGa6F9DWMXd3rsuDQ..>  to join this
campaign. You can also join our Rate the Debates
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=tMwgJkzft72RKRL_d6Tyvg..>  community on
Facebook.