From:
Joshua Grimm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joshua Grimm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2016 17:33:13 +0000
EAST TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY'S DEPARTMENT OF MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION invites applications for a tenure-track ASSISTANT PROFESSOR position. The successful candidate will teach a variety of media production courses, including video production, broadcast studio production, video editing, radio production and management, as well as production aspects of convergence journalism.

The Department of Media and Communication offers an integrated, cross-platform curriculum including undergraduate and graduate courses with the goal of producing graduates with a broad knowledge of the media and its wide variety of professions. Community engagement, particularly through service learning in the classroom, is emphasized in the department. We are a fast-growing, professionally focused department with concentrations in advertising/public relations, journalism and radio/television/film. Curriculum is bridged through interdisciplinary collaborations with multiple campus units.

Beginning this fall, our department will be the first in the country to embed the Adobe Marketing Cloud media content solutions ( http://www.adobe.com/marketing-cloud.html) in curriculum. Our Adobe alliance creates strong partnerships with industry for students and faculty. We are looking for a colleague who is interested in joining a team focused on innovation for students by teaching them to produce content that connects with digital audiences. Our Adobe initiative, as well as the other growth initiatives in our graduate program, makes this an exciting time to join our team. The Department of Media and Communication expects all successful candidates to establish and maintain an active research program and participate in service to the department, college, university and community.

Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Successful candidates must be knowledgeable in aspects of media production as well as studio production. Candidates must have experience using and teaching the Adobe Creative Cloud. Continued knowledge of media trends is important.

Minimum Qualifications:

  *   Terminal degree in related field
  *   Two years of professional experience in a media-related field

Preferred Qualifications:

  *   Three or more years of professional experience in a media-related field
  *   Sports media production experience
  *   Prior teaching experience at the college level

Application information: https://jobs.etsu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=55493<https://www.higheredjobs.com/clickthru/redirect.cfm?JobCode=176372294>

https://www.higheredjobs.com/search/details.cfm?JobCode=176372294&Title=Assistant+Professor%2C+Media+and+Communication

Mary Alice Basconi
Lecturer, Journalism
Department of Media and Communication
East Tennessee State University
423-439-6552

[cid:165A7094-1C11-47CB-9D12-EEC77096389B]

Josh Grimm, PhD
Manship School of Mass Communication
Louisiana State University
206 Hodges Hall, Baton Rouge, LA, 70803
225.578.5198
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | manship.lsu.edu