From:
EK Daufin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EK Daufin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2013 18:05:42 -0500
from Mary Alice Basconi
East Tennessee State University

Department of Communication

Lecturer, Advertising/Public Relations position beginning Fall 2014

Job Summary/Basic Function:

The East Tennessee State University Department of Communication is seeking
a full-time lecturer in

Advertising/Public Relations, to begin August 2014. The candidate will
teach basic and advanced courses in

Advertising/Public Relations, provide academic advising and professional
career counseling to students, make

substantial service contributions to the department, and serve as an
adviser to student organizations.

Mass Communication, which includes Advertising/Public Relations,
Journalism, and Radio/TV/Film, is part of

a multi-disciplinary department that also includes Communication Studies,
Theatre & Dance, and Storytelling.

This is a one-year, non-tenure-track position, renewable for up to three
years.

Salary is $25,000 per academic year with benefits.

Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:

The successful candidate must evidence ability to effectively teach a
variety of skills courses in Advertising/

Public Relations and Mass Communication such as: Survey of Promotion,
Writing for Public Relations, Media

Writing, Public Relations Publications and Advertising Practices. Ability
to teach both traditional and digital

mass communication media skills is expected.

Minimum Qualifications:

Master's degree in Mass Communication, Integrated Marketing Communication,
or Communication with

emphasis in Public Relations. Degree must be in-hand by start date.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the

United States.

Preferred Qualifications:

At least three years professional experience in Advertising/Public
Relations and three years college or university

teaching experience in Advertising/Public Relations.

Special Instructions to Applicants:

Review of applications will begin Jan. 15, 2014.

All applications must be submitted through ETSU's online application system
(https://jobs.etsu.edu/applicants/

jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp)

Applicants should upload: a cover letter addressing job functions &
required/preferred qualifications; a

curriculum vitae; and copies of graduate transcripts. Under 'Other
Document,' applicants should upload a

sample Mass Communication course syllabus, and other evidence of teaching
excellence (e.g., summary

of recent student teaching evaluations, peer teaching evaluations,
supervisor teaching evaluations). Note:

syllabus and evidence must be uploaded as a single document.

In the Faculty Profile, applicants should provide the names, email
addresses, and telephone numbers of three

professional references who can speak to the applicant's professional
experience and/or technical skill as well

as her/his ability as a teacher (the upload of this information shall
indicate candidate's approval to contact

those references listed). References will be contacted by email and
directed to upload a letter.

In addition to the references provided on your application, for this
position you will be required to provide the

names and email addresses of at least 3 references (you may choose to
provide the same references you listed

on your application, or you may list different references). The references
provided in the "Provide References"

--
Know Justice; Know Peace,
Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin
Professor of Communications
Alabama State University
National Media Size Equity Expert
Winner -- 2000 MaryAnn Yodelis-Smith
  Research Award AEJMC CSW
AEJMC MAC Membership Chair
915 S. Jackson St., MTG, AL 36101-0271
334-229-6885
*Follow me to my home country where the definitions are daufinations at:*
http://daufination.blogspot.com
http://pinterest.com/ekdaufin/
and www.home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin
*Your research and creative activity referrals are welcomed.*
*With all my heat & heart I want to work with and for kind, competent,
strong people who love and help me and I they.  Ashe!*