From:
"E. K. Daufin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
E. K. Daufin
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 16:52:16 -0500
Send Dr. Rios copies of your local ethnic papers please.  I have somehow
deleted the message she sent me under the suffocatingly small new
university email box size restrictions but I used her message to pen
this letter to our local ethnic newspaper (You can look under
"newspapers" in your local telephone book to see if any are listed in
your area if you don't already have a personal contact).  If enough of
us contribute to the exhibit in this manner, MAC will co-sponsor so get
those papers folks and send them to Dr. Diana Rios as soon as you can.
Feel free to use my letter below as a template.  Peace, E-K.

Editor/Publisher

The Montgomery Tuskegee Times

525 Augusta Ave

Montgomery, AL 361

334-280-2444

Dear Editor/Publisher:

Would you please send me a couple of what you think are your most
important and/or visually interesting issues of your paper?  I would
like to submit them for an Ethnic American Press Exhibit at the
University of Connecticut as an Alabama representative alternative
paper.  Also if you have any materials you have used in the past to
summarize your paper's history and significance to the community I would
appreciate a copy of those to submit also.

The Minorities And Communication Division of the Association of
Communication in Journalism & Mass Communication would be co-sponsoring
the exhibit as an out-of-convention professional freedom and
responsibility event.  Leading the project is Dr. Diana I. Rios,

Associate Prof. of Communication Sciences and Institute for PRLS

Dept. Communication Sciences, (U-1085) University of Connecticut in
Storrs (860-486-3187, [log in to unmask]).

The exhibition project: "Ethnic American Press: Cultural Maintenance and
Assimilation Roles," already has been accepted at the Dodd Center at the
University of Connecticut. The exhibit features selected archive and
contemporary alternative US newspapers. This has been slated for the
Dodd Research Center main gallery at UConn starting March 2008. This
will run a few months and will be publicized by the hosting university.

Sincerely,

Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor

We sometimes have problems with our server rejecting incoming email. If
your reply to this email is returned to you, PLEASE call me at the
number below.   Apologies...We are working on it. Sincerely,

Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor

Department of Communications

Alabama State University

915 South Jackson St.

Montgomery, AL 36101-0271

334.229.6885

Thank you in advance for your

Scholarly & Creative Activity Referrals -

Lectures, Performances, Workshops, Consultation Related Info:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin/
<http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin/>