From:
Camilla Gant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Camilla Gant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:51:07 -0400
I sincerely thank CSM and MAC leadership and membership for this
collaborative response.  I've been out-of-town and processing e-mail on a
limited basis for the past several days.  I just caught up on reading
e-mails and comment responses to the press release.  I concur with most
sentiments and action proposals, and support:

1.  a joint resolution officially approved by both memberships and signed
by CSM and MAC Heads.

2.  a formal invitation from CSM and MAC Heads for select AEJMC entities to
consider supporting said resolution, particularly the Newspaper division,
Radio-Television Journalism division, and the Standing Committee on
Professional Freedom and Responsibility.

3.  a resolution that centers on latitude and process for presidential
communications; and demographic and intellectual diversity of the PAC in
terms of divisional affiliations, research paradigms, comprehensive and
doctoral institutions, small and large programs, etc.

4.  a formal request from CSM and MAC Heads for Dr. Pardun and PAC to
submit a written response to MAC/CSM concerns by a specified date.

Camilla Gant, Ph.D.
Director/Associate Professor
Mass Communications
University of West Georgia