From:
"E. K. Daufin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
E. K. Daufin
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 14:05:07 -0500
I would suggest that empirical vs. qualitative is a matter of which tool
to use not a matter of real vs. false.  I would hope that we would use a
mixture of both because neither stands alone very well.  I would hope
that we would not leave our emotion at the door but bring the right
portion of it with us wherever we go, whatever we do...Some of my
American Indian relations speak of one of the reasons the conquering
people were not "human beings" was because they spoke from their heads
instead of from their hearts as a "real human being" must to be in
integrity.  I get where you are coming from but I worry about this
language and these notions that reinforce western, non-indigenous ways
of knowing/doing as the right/best/only way.

In the Blessing Way,

Professor E-K. Daufin, Ph.D.

Department of Communications

Alabama State University