From:
Jennifer Woodard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer Woodard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2016 13:04:34 -0600
Hello MAC colleagues:  We are hiring at Middle Tennessee State University!  Please consider the following:

The School of Journalism is seeking a tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor of Broadcast and Multimedia Journalism. Start date for this position begins August 1, 2017.

Our new colleague will possess journalism expertise and multi-platform journalism teaching ability for television and online reporting and producing. The ideal candidate will understand the changing world of journalism and the need to educate students to traverse digital convergence, multiple media forms and formats. Successful candidate should have the ability to teach introductory and advanced courses in areas such as Media Writing, Reporting, Digital Video and Audio Production, Newscast Producing, Field Reporting and On-camera Performance. Providing global and/or diverse perspectives is a plus.

Other responsibilities include developing a creative or research and service agenda in support of tenure and promotion. Ideal candidates will have teaching, creative or research experience, as well as professional experience in the field. Additional responsibilities include student mentoring, advising the student newscast and school service.

Contact Dr. Greg Pitts, Director, School of Journalism, Middle Tennessee State University for information. [log in to unmask] or 615-494-8925.

The faculty in the School of Journalism is committed to an education model that balances the development of professional skills with a broader understanding of history, ethics and social impact. We have a tradition of balancing teaching, creative activity/research and service. Members of our faculty include editors and former editors of national journals, prominent former journalists, and researchers and writers with distinguished records and active research agendas.

https://mtsujobs.mtsu.edu/postings/3964

Required Education
: A terminal degree in journalism or related field. ABDs will be considered.
Thank you!
Jennifer

Dr. Jennifer Woodard
Associate Professor