From:
Bradley Gorham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bradley Gorham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:07:38 -0500
I agree that a significant - at least $500 - donation to the
scholarship that carries his name is appropriate.  I, too, was at the
State of the Division panel at AEJMC and was inspired by Dr. Barrow's
account of his efforts for AEJMC and MAC.  I hope that AEJMC will at
least match whatever our division gives, since his efforts ultimately
worked for the betterment of all.  He also made it clear that mass
communication education at the doctoral level still needs to be opened
up to a wider audience.

-Brad

Bradley W. Gorham, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Communications
S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
Syracuse University
215 University Place
Syracuse, NY  13244
315-443-1950