From:
"Stringer, Sharon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stringer, Sharon
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2009 14:14:07 -0500
Thank you all for all your suggestions relating to a tribute to Dr.
Barrow.
Here's what I propose relative to immediate action:
1. Given the response from the membership on making a contribution to
the Barrow scholarship fund, let's take $500 from the MAC treasury and
make an immediate contribution in Dr. Barrow's name during this time of
their loss.
2. We can then vote at the annual meeting on the amount of our annual
contribution. (This will be in addition to the $500)
3. I can approach AEJ on a tribute page for the conference bulletin and
help work out the details. ( Anyone willing to work on that, let me
know)  As Camilla suggested, we can publish names of donors as part of a
two-page spread.
4. We can make plans to have a fundraiser for the scholarship in August.
Any volunteers?
5. I'll send a card and flowers on behalf of MAC to the Barrow family.
6. Jennifer has agreed to investigate if the Council of Divisions -- to
see if they can place a special panel on the schedule to honor and
remember who Lee was and what he meant to the diversity efforts of all
of AEJMC.

Did I miss anything?

Sharon B. Stringer, Ph.D.

Assoc. Prof. Communication