From:
"E-K. Daufin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
E-K. Daufin
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:04:01 -0500
Here's the info about Al Franhen's expose on the Fox Network with links to a study done on the network too for your scholars.

Local (MTG, AL) folks, after you help me move, you are invited to register for the MTG event below 6 p.m. Sunday...I plan to drag my tired derriere there no matter what...hope the creek don't rise.  Folks in other areas can click on the link below to find a party live for yourself.  Educators may be interested in ordering a copy for class use or research...
Know Justice, Know Peace,
E-K. Daufin
For Your $5,000 Tax Refund go to: www.sohotaxes.net/daufin
Physical & Emotional Wellness:  www.mylegacyforlife.net/thedaufin
Workshops, Poetry and All That Jazz: http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin/

            At house parties this Sunday, we'll watch the film Outfoxed and take action to expose Fox for what it is -- partisan spin, not news.
            Find a party near you.
            Can't make it? Click here to get your own copy of Outfoxed.

Dear MoveOn member,

Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, Fox News Channel turns Republican talking points into news headlines. Now Uncovered director Robert Greenwald -- working with a group of Fox-monitoring MoveOn members -- has put together a documentary film called Outfoxed that exposes Fox for what it is: partisan spin, not news.

This Sunday evening, July 18th, you're invited to be among the first to see Outfoxed at one of over 2,500 house parties across the nation, hosted by MoveOn and Common Cause members. Then join together in a coast-to-coast conference call with comedian and radio host Al Franken and the movie's director, Robert Greenwald. We'll kick off an exciting campaign to take on Fox for its partisan reporting and deceptive slogan "Fair and Balanced."

Find a house party in your neighborhood at:

http://action.moveon.org/outfoxed/

Check out the trailer for Outfoxed at the movie website here:

http://www.moveon.org/r?520

At this web page, you can also order your own copy of Outfoxed -- for only $9.95 plus shipping. We recommend you buy the film, watch it, and pass it on to friends. It's really an impressive and important piece of work.

Outfoxed was co-sponsored by the Center for American Progress and MoveOn. The film features former Fox News producers, reporters, bookers, and writers talking for the first time about how they were pressured to push each day's partisan message. Through leaked memos and never-before-seen Fox clips, Outfoxed makes a powerful and disturbing case not only about Fox, but about the state of American journalism.

Fox News makes no real distinction between its opinion shows and its news coverage -- partisan politics infuse all of Fox's programming. The media watch group FAIR just released a study of Fox's flagship evening news program, finding Republican guests outnumber Democrats by 5 to 1. Having an opinion is one thing. Insisting your partisan politicking is "fair and balanced" journalism is quite another. Whether you agree with Fox's politics is beside the point -- citizens in a democracy depend on unbiased news reporting.

Defending fair journalism is a huge job, and we're glad to be planning this effort with trusted friends at the Center for American Progress, Free Press, Media Matters for America, FAIR, AlterNet, Common Cause, and others.

It's time to take Fox to task for its partisanship. Join us at a house party near you:

http://action.moveon.org/outfoxed/

If there are no house parties in your area, you can host your own. All you need is a TV, DVD player or VCR, and a place where folks can watch. You can allow MoveOn and Common Cause members to sign up or host a private party just for your friends. For a $29 contribution to MoveOn.org, we'll send you a copy of Outfoxed. To get the movie in time, you'll need to sign up to host by the end of the day, at:

http://action.moveon.org/outfoxed/newmeeting.html

We hope you can make it on Sunday!

Sincerely,
--Carrie, Joan, Lee, Marika, Noah, Peter, and Wes
  The MoveOn.org Team
  July 13th, 2004

P.S. You can read the FAIR study documenting an imbalance on Fox's most prominent news show at:

http://www.fair.org/extra/0407/special-report.html

The New York Times magazine ran a great piece about "Outfoxed" on Sunday. Take a look at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/11/magazine/11FOX.html
Hi MONTGOMERY FOLKS,

On Sunday evening, July 18th, I'll be getting together with my neighbors to watch a new documentary film that exposes how Fox News Channel distorts the news. You should come!

The movie is called "Outfoxed", and this is one of the first times it will be shown. "Outfoxed" has interviews with seven ex-Fox News employees who describe how, every day, highly partisan talking points are drawn up to influence newscasts. It's supposed to be pretty revealing as to how Fox works.

MoveOn and Common Cause members across the country are planning hundreds of house parties for Sunday, July 18th. After we watch the movie, comedian Al Franken and director Robert Greenwald will join us through a nationwide interactive conference call. It takes place through the internet, so there are live questions and responses. It's a really new technology and this is one of its first uses.

Come see this movie and join the conference call! And, of course, there'll be snacks. Sign up to come at:
http://action.moveon.org/outfoxed/selectmtg.html?zip=36106&distance=50

Here are the details:
OUTFOXED VIEWING
1311 Woodward Avenue
Montgomery, AL 36106
Sunday, July 18, 06:00 PM

I hope you'll come!

P.S. To see the "Outfoxed" trailer, go to:

http://www.outfoxed.org/