From:
Venise Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Venise Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2015 17:23:33 +0000
Please share this with your students.

Venise Wagner
Associate Professor
Journalism Department
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94132
(415) 338-2094 Office

The Advanced Program in Sports Media<http://bleacherreport.com/apsm> and the Advanced Program in Editing and Content Management<http://bleacherreport.com/apecm> are paid, part-time, 12-week courses, a kind of digital-media finishing school for early-career professionals and very advanced journalism students. The APSM focuses on sportswriting, and the APECM centers on copy editing, and the duties that leverage those skills.

Participants telecommute and set their own hours. The average time commitment is about 12 hours a week. Stipends are paid for the completion of weekly educational units. Course credit is also available at the discretion of the student's institution, though you don't have to be a current student to apply or participate.

Though nothing is guaranteed, we expect our highest-achieving graduates to be in a good position for available paid opportunities at B/R. Beyond that, we believe the training all participants receive will make them better candidates for jobs throughout digital media.

The program is year-round, with rotating start dates.