From:
Joshua Grimm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joshua Grimm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2016 19:04:32 +0000

From: <Gallicano>, Tiffany <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 10:38 PM
To: Josh Grimm <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>, "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>, "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Position to share with your division

Colleagues,

UNC Charlotte is seeking an assistant professor who specializes in communication technology and at least two of our areas of emphasis, which include public relations, organizational communication, media or rhetorical studies, and health communication.

The course load is two classes a semester. In terms of research, there are opportunities to partner on interdisciplinary projects with computer scientists for those of you who are interested in performing big data research or hashtag analyses that come from the university's subscription to Gnip (the firehose of Twitter data).

We are also in the planning stages of developing a doctoral program in digital culture and communication.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to discuss the position, and we can set up a time for a call. I have attached the position description. We begin reviewing applications on Dec. 1.

I also want to provide encouragement to apply to one of the Oregon positions. The positions at UNC Charlotte and Oregon are wonderful opportunities, and I'm happy to fill you in about both if you would like to reach out to me.

Warm wishes,

Tiffany

---------

Tiffany Gallicano, Ph.D.