From:
"Byerly, Carolyn M." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Byerly, Carolyn M.
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2011 20:04:23 -0400
I missed seeing her at AEJ this year, so this news falls heavy on the heart.  It's really hard to lose allies and leaders like Von.
She was a friendly, able soul who always had time to talk.  She'll be missed.
Carolyn

Carolyn M. Byerly, Ph.D., Professor
Department of Journalism
School of Communications
Howard University, 525 Bryant St., NW
Washington, DC, 20059, USA
Office phone:  202-806-5121;
E-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

and, author of Global Report on Status of Women in News Media
http://iwmf.org/pioneering-change/global-research-on-women-in-the-news-media.aspx