From:
Ek Daufin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ek Daufin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 2016 19:00:42 -0600
Sorry for the late posting but I just saw this.  Perhaps if you already
have something about the Obama Presidency you and participate in this call.

Alisa Valentin, [log in to unmask]

Howard Journal of Communications: SPECIAL ISSUE

The Barack Obama Presidency

Barack Obama's ascendancy to the Presidency of the United States in 2008
was historic and since then scholars have dissected his terms in office
by investigating several intersections, including race and power,
culture and communication, among others. In 2016, President Barack
Obama's presidency will come to an end. Yet, there are still several
academic interests that surround his tenure and the days that would
follow it. The Howard Journal of Communications plans a special issue to
investigate "Obama's America," The time between his two presidential
terms as well as his impact on America after his tenure ends.

All submitted manuscripts must adhere to the journal's focus on culture,
race, and gender intersecting with communication as it relates to Barack
Obama. There are several studies that are possible and they include, but
are not limited to, the following:

-       Post racial America

-       Obama's presidency and the urban police crises

-       Obama rhetoric

-       Obama and the Supreme Court

-       Obama and religion: From Jeremiah Wright to Rev. Clementia
Pinckney

-       Obama and social media: A comparison between both presidential
terms

-       Michelle Obama, race, and the African-American woman

-       Power, politics, and communication

-       Obama's presidency and issues of image repair

-       America, communication and post-Obama

-       Media and the framing of Obama

-       Affordable Health Care

-       Issues of immigration

-       Talk shows, politics, race, and hate

Please submit a manuscript following the Howard Journal of
Communications' guidelines for manuscript submissions, which can be
found at http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/uhjc20/current. No submission
should be longer than 7000 words. Include on the manuscript title and in
parenthesis "Special Issue on President Obama." The deadline for
submitting manuscripts for this special issue is February 28, 2016.

--
Know Justice; Know Peace,
Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin
Professor of Communications
Alabama State University
National Media Size Equity Expert
Winner -- 2000 MaryAnn Yodelis-Smith
  Research Award AEJMC CSW
AEJMC MAC Membership Chair
915 S. Jackson St., MTG, AL 36101-0271
334-229-6885
*Follow me to my home country where the definitions are daufinations at:*
http://daufination.blogspot.com
http://pinterest.com/ekdaufin/
and www.home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin
*Your research and creative activity referrals are welcomed.*
*With all my heat & heart I want to work with and for kind, competent,
strong people who love and help me and I they.  Ashe!*