From:
"Garza, Melita" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Garza, Melita
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 2015 15:56:39 +0000
I would be glad to participate.

Best,

Melita

Melita M. Garza, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Texas Christian University
TCU Box 298060
Fort Worth, TX 76129
C: (312) 375-3163
Website: melitagarza.com<http://melitagarza.com>
Twitter: @melitagarza

On Jun 5, 2015, at 8:31 AM, LaPoe, Victoria <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Dear MAC members,

During the months of November and December, we, Drs. Victoria LaPoe, Candi Carter Olson and Stine Eckert,  ran an online survey of academics' use of social media for building professional relationships and promoting intellectual work. We found that there were several question that were raised by our results, so we are expanding our research to include interviews. To this end, we would like to ask those of you who are attending AEJMC in San Francisco to consider meeting with us for around 15 minutes for an in-person interview about your use of digital media. You do not have to use social media to participate in these interviews. In addition to examining how academics use social media, we are also interested in thinking about how to communicate with diverse groups, including those who prefer social media and those who prefer more mainstream methods of communication, including email. Our questions cover your use (or lack of use) of social media sites, your perceptions of social media sites' utility or potential harm for academics, and your thoughts about best practices for improving communication and support networks among academics who work on issues surrounding race, ethnicity, sexuality, class, and gender.

If you are willing to meet with us, please send us an email at either [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, <mailto:[log in to unmask]>   or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. You will meet with just one of the primary researchers, so that we can cover as many interviews as possible. If you are not attending AEJ but would still be willing to participate, we would also be happy to arrange a Skype or Google Hangout interview. Again, these interviews will only take 15 minutes of your time. They will be recorded and then transcribed for our use.

Thank you for your time and consideration. We look forward to speaking with you!

<image001.gif>

Dr. Victoria LaPoe
Sequence Coordinator and Assistant Professor, Broadcast and Film, WKU
Editor, American Indian Studies, Media Diversity Forum
Co-Author: Oil & Water Media Lessons from Hurricane Katrina and Deepwater Horizon
http://www.upress.state.ms.us/books/1672