From:
Josh Grimm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Josh Grimm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2015 19:24:07 +0000
Hello all,

I hope you had a great conference and that you're ready for classes!   It is time to propose your panel ideas for the 2016 AEJMC Convention in Minneapolis. We welcome great ideas and new topics related to minorities and communication.

Panel proposals should be one-page in length and contain the following information:

  1.  Proposed Panel Title: (Please write it so that it is broad enough that other groups want to co-sponsor!)
  2.  Panel Sponsorship: List other AEJMC divisions/interest groups for which this proposal might prove relevant.
  3.  Panel Description: Provide a succinct descriptive paragraph of the key issues or subject matter to be addressed by the panelists. (See attached example.)
  4.  Possible Panelists [about 3]: Indicate individuals who would be appropriate participants for this panel,
including the name, affiliation and contact information for each.  Also, indicate whether they have been contacted and committed to participate.  If you plan to recruit a local professional for the panel, indicate this as well.
  5.  Moderator: This can be you or someone you nominate to moderate the panel.
  6.  Panel Type: (TEACHING, PF&R, or RESEARCH panel)
  7.  Contact Person: Include name, affiliation, e-mail, and phone number for the person proposing the panel.
I have attached more detailed information about the panel proposal process and tips for writing a great panel proposal. Deadline is Oct. 1.  Send proposals to me at j<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

NOTE: Members who propose panels will be notified in December about panels that have been programmed.

Questions? Contact me at [log in to unmask]

Looking forward to reading your proposals!

Josh

Josh Grimm
Assistant Professor, Manship School of Mass Communication
Louisiana State University
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 225.578.5198