CASONLINE-L Archives

CASOnline

CASONLINE-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
"Cozart, Karen L." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cozart, Karen L.
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:43:46 -0500
Hello everyone,

I hope the semester is going well for you so far. Now that we've gotten
through most of the online orientation business and the first week or so
of school, I'd like to set up a meeting time for this semester for the
online course discussion group.

In spring, we met later in the day (3:30 I think), and in the summer we
met late morning. I think that logistically, later in the day or around
the noon hour might work best, particularly for those who are coming in
from off-campus and looking for parking. We could do brown-bag lunches
if you'd like.

When you get a chance, would you please let me know times during the
week when you absolutely cannot meet? I'll look for common times and
then let the group know. I'd like to begin meeting next week if
possible, so please respond by this Thursday, noon.

Possible agenda items (so far) (we'll use the first meeting to set
agendas for future meetings):

*       Accommodating students with disabilities in online courses
*       # of students who missed the paraphrasing questions on the
Orientation's Research and Writing Quiz and what to do about it
*       Discussion board activities, i.e., how to handle problems, when
to reprimand, when to praise

For those of you who are not on the CASONLINE listserv, you can
subscribe if you'd like (or unsubscribe if you are on the list and
prefer not to receive messages) on the following website:

            http://lists.ou.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=casonline-l&A=1

If you are on more than one of my lists, please forgive duplicate
emails. I look forward to seeing you and continuing the interesting
discussions we've had about online teaching and learning. Thanks.

Karen Cozart

Coordinator, Distance Learning Programs

College of Arts & Sciences

University of Oklahoma