From:
Kyle Huckins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kyle Huckins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2017 13:24:04 +0000
Greetings, fellow diversity advocates! The results are in on U.S. news media diversity, and for the first time ever, we know just how multicultural the hiring is for all major media types.
The Commission on the Status of Minorities has done a survey of magazine editors to fill in the last gaps in the media employment picture and will release results for both magazines and all media in a session today (Thursday) at 1:30-3 p.m. Central time at the Marriott Magnificent Mile, Chicago, in the Denver Room on the fifth floor.
I am also a longtime media professional and will lead the panel questioning. The commission vice chairwoman and my survey co-author, Dr. Marquita Smith, will be on the panel, which will represent all five major media types (newspapers, magazines, radio, TV and Internet). Drs. Federico Subervi and Loren Ghiglione and TV's Jam Sardar and magazines' Michael Arndt will round out the group.
Hope to see you this afternoon, and I'll be at the MAC mixer tonight!
Sincerely,
Kyle
Rev. Kyle Huckins, Ph.D.CSM Chairman, Association for Education in Journalism and Mass CommunicationAEJMC.org & http://csmdiversity.org/