From:
Kyle Huckins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kyle Huckins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2017 00:56:35 +0000
Greetings, fellow MAC members! I support E.K.'s messages and plan to be at the Thursday evening mixer as well as the business meeting and more.
Given our complementary missions, I thought you might like to see the Chicago conference schedule for the Commission on the Status of Minorities, which includes a social on Friday with MAC:
Our main session in the Second City, at 1:30-3 p.m. Thursday, August 10, is “A Career Ladder Missing Rungs: The Lack of Diversity in Professional Media,” and will feature panelists representing each of the major media types. You'll also get to hear the results of the commission's survey of magazines to establish for the first time that industry's hiring of minorities and the nation's diversity in employment across all major media types. This panel will meet in the Marriott's Denver Room on the fifth floor. See more on it.
CSM joins the Council of Affiliates and Commission on Status of Women in sponsoring “It’s Always Something: Success vs. Likability for Women,” 3:15-4:45 p.m. Thursday, August 10. It will take place in the Purdue & Wisconsin rooms on the sixth floor.
The annual Commission on Status of Minorities' business meeting will be 7-8:30 p.m. Friday, August 11, in the Chicago C Room on the fifth floor. Be sure to come to find out what the commission's doing and get involved! The business meeting will be followed by a social with colleagues from the Minorities and Communication Division. CSM & MAC members will meet in the Marriott lobby at 9 p.m. to head over to the Billy Goat Tavern, just a block south and under the Magnificent Mile. The official address is 430 N. Michigan Ave., Lower Level, with a sign on a stairwell on Michigan’s west side taking visitors there.
See you in the Windy City!

Sincerely,
Kyle
Rev. Kyle Huckins, Ph.D.CSM Chairman