From:
"E. K. Daufin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
E. K. Daufin
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 15:15:06 -0600
This is it -- Election Day November 7, 2006 is almost here. Get as many
of your friends and family to vote as possible. And don't forget
yourself: Vote as if your life depends on it! Not so long ago many
sacrificed their lives, livelihoods, limbs and sanity so that
African-Americans could vote.  I am respecting their sacrifices by
voting.

When you vote tomorrow, if you see any voting irregularities or
problems, call the Election Protection hotline at 1-866-Our-Vote. The
hotline provides free, immediate, and multilingual assistance to voters
encountering barriers to voting. Also, if I were you I would call the
Feminist Majority Foundation at 1-866-444-3652, especially for student
voters and difficulties voting on any campus.

Then, if I were you I would report these problems at www.feminist.org
<http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=222614786&url_num=2&
url=http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=222309860&url_num
=2&url=http://www.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=1&u
rl=http://www.feminist.org> . Because of the dramatic increase in
electronic voting machines and longstanding concerns about the integrity
of the voting process, three foundations (Carnegie, Ford, and Open
Society Institute) are supporting a new project called VoterStory.org,
which will be collecting stories of voting irregularities. Once a person
submits her or his "story" of individual irregularities, she or he will
be automatically referred to nonprofit, nonpartisan voter protection
organizations that will be standing by to intervene or lend support if
they can.

Remember, every vote must be counted this time.

Sincerely,
Rev. Dr. E-K. Daufin, Professor

Department of Communications

Alabama State University

915 South Jackson St.

Montgomery, AL 36101-0271

334.229.6885

Scholarly & Creative Activity Referrals Appreciated-

Lectures, Performances, Workshops, Consultation Related Info:
http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin/
<http://home.earthlink.net/~ekdaufin/>